Sometimes I feel ungrateful. I know we all feel that way at times. Sometimes I wonder why life is hard. I was just telling Landon a few minutes ago while we were eating dinner that God has been reminding me of all the great blessings He's given me this week. I've been mad for a couple of weeks about something - I just hate dishonesty, any kind of shifty-ness in people, shady-ness, you get the drift...and that's been going on with someone we know. I've been frustrated about it - and honestly, it's been sort of consuming me. I've prayed about it and prayed about it and prayed about it. And a couple of days ago, I started to actually feel better - you know why? Because I think God started reminding me how grateful I am for the life I have and the blessings in my life...and that this one situation is minuscule compared to the overflow of blessings around me. He doesn't desire for it to consume me. He desires for me to let Him handle it, and for me to move on - to live in His power, and for His purposes, and not get bogged down by someone who just doesn't seem to get it. I know He'll handle it - just like He helps me along every day. I even started thinking of dumb things...and some not so dumb things that I was thankful for today. I'm in a better place than I've been the last couple of weeks emotionally, and I just want to make a list of things I've thought of that I'm grateful for and even simple things I just like.
1. I like that when I walk around the corner in the mornings we have windows along the back of the house and I can see the trees and the sun coming up. It was so beautiful last winter when it snowed so much.
2. I like drinking coffee with peppermint mocha creamer.
3. I like James yelling " Momma HOE-EEEE" a million times a day...even if it does begin to drive me a little batty.
4. I like my family needing me and me have a specific role in their lives.
5. I love my Monday night Journey ladies and what God is doing in them.
6. I love that God walked with me through a scary month last month when I found a nodule on my thyroid, had to go to an endocrinologist, have a biopsy, and it ended up being benign. I know He has good plans for my life, even when I don't understand why stuff is happening.
7. I love this church journey we are on. Boy, it's a challenge. It's a roller coaster - victories, defeats, learning to surrender every single situation to God even if I just know for sure I could handle it better myself :)
8. Friends in our lives - the family of God that surrounds me at every turn for support. I need them desperately. And I am most thankful when I can just be myself and don't have to wear a mask.
9. Watching our family or friends pull into the driveway when they visit from FL!
10. Clean sheets.
11. The sound of the dishwasher running at night.
12. The door God opened for me to continue to work for my company - the best company ever - in an even better role than I was previously in (I did not think this was even possible!!!!). And, the co-workers I am having the opportunity to get to know. Amazing.
13. Sitting with Landon on the couch at night knowing James is sleeping and watching our shows together.
14. Dates with Landon - especially when they involve eating :)
15. Chili cheese fries at Longhorn.
16. The smell of Wise Equipment.
17. Surprising my mom at school when we get home.
18. Special cards people send in the mail at just the right time when I need encouragement, and God laying people on my heart to send cards to.
19. Watching my husband preach God's Word to people each Sunday. I am a very lucky wife. Period.
20. God's grace - that He saved me - that He's kept me through a whole lot of crap - hurricanes and marriage stuff - and that He doesn't want to get rid of me. I don't have to be perfect. He just wants ME. That's it. Nothing else. No performance necessary.
I have one good life.
(and note to self: I should reference this blog MANY times in the future when I am needing some things to be thankful for :)...which probably will happen tomorrow knowing me!)