Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Update #2: The Wedding

The Wedding weekend was packed, and I've realized that I have some very random pictures...but none while the wedding was actually going on. I had big jobs, you know, so I had to just put the camera down and take care of business. So...here are some random pictures I'll explain :)

When I arrived home, Krista's train was on our bed. So...clearly, if we were going to spend the night there (and we were), it was going to have to be moved. But, it was a painstaking process because you had to try not to wrinkle it or touch it or let anything else touch it....so...here it is on the bed when the whole process of moving it started...

So...Dad or maybe Landon - I can't remember which - gets the idea to hang the thing off the top of the staircase. He used straps to strap things down in the back of a truck to hang it in three places off of the banister. This was a very clever idea, except that the train kept reminding me of something every time I saw it...and then Krista told me what it was. It was like in Silence of the Lambs, where he kills that guy and strings that big banner thing up in the weird cell. I hate that movie. I have watched it twice in my life, and I have to have YEARS of a break in between because it's so scary. So...we had a weird Silence of the Lambs sort of theme going on with Krista's train in the foyer for a couple of days.
On Thursday evening, Krista and her bridesmaids (uh, not me - I am too old and tired) who have all been friends through high school and college went to Destin to eat out and have fun together. Here's a picture of three of them before they left. Look at these great crowns Krista made for them - cute, huh?

Here I am the morning of the wedding having my hair done...
Here's the finished product...I thought she did a GREAT job...
And, here's Krista's hair - halfway done - this was a funny look...
And, here's the front of her hair when she was finished...but still tiara-less and veil-less. I didn't get anymore hair pictures because by then I was in a huge panic about leaving and being late to the church. And, not just because I'm type a. But, because the hair thing took way longer than it should have! But, we were lovely...the price you pay for beauty, I guess.
And, here's the one picture I have of Krista in the bride's room at the church in her dress. Gorgeous, huh? Don't worry...I'll have more...soon...

The wedding day was BEAUTIFUL! I didn't realize how many responsibilities the dad gum matron of honor has. Ya'll, I had to keep the ring!!!!! Matt's ring! I was so worried about it that I took pictures before the wedding with it on my thumb. Can you even imagine if I had forgotten to put that thing on and the preacher went to get the ring from me....uh, hello, no. Then, the whole moving the train situation. How do you constantly whisk around and move the train, but also not be a distraction to what's going on with the wedding. For instance, they go over to light their unity candle. I go with them to help with the dress. I get the dress in position and then come back to my place. Well, guess what? They decide not to stand there the entire song and want to come straight back to their places. So, then, I had to bust right back over there and help with the dress again to get back to her place. But, I mean, what was I supposed to do? Stand there with them at the unity candle? Say, "Uh, hey guys, why don't you have a candle here for me to light?" Anyway, and then, the bouquet passing off....good night...it was a light to remember! I didn't fall down though, or do anything that was crazy embarrassing, or have any wardrobe malfunctions, so whew, it was okay.

Krista and Matt went on a western Caribbean cruise, and I'm pretty sure they had a great time. We were all so tired after the wedding and reception and clean up...we slept and napped as much as possible the next few days. It was very exciting though and a great, great time for our family to welcome in Matt!

No comments:

Post a Comment