Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Jaemor Farms - The Pumpkin Patch

Last Friday, on Landon's day off, we went to Jaemor Farms to pick out a pumpkin. I was so excited about this trip. I love that fall is coming. And, mainly, I love that every single thing we do right now is brand new for James and brand new for our family - it's exciting. James did so well! We drove there while he finished his morning nap, and then we fed him when we got there (and ate fresh apple fritters - yum!). We walked around the farmer's market, took a hay ride (which he was good on but didn't care anything about), took pictures in the pumpkin patch, and then bought a pumpkin in the market area (we were not actually interested in picking our own pumpkin from the pumpkin patch - this year, anyway). It was a great time. Having a baby is a lot of work. This is the kind of thing I dreamed about getting to do as a mom - and is so much fun to me. It was a perfect day. Just our family, together, doing fun holiday stuff. I don't think Landon quite gets the depth of how I feel about all of this - when I asked him what he looks forward to doing with James he says going to Disney World, playing sports, and something else...I can't remember...so I guess we both just look forward to different things! Alright here are a few pictures (uh, more than a few...but I just couldn't decide!).

Our Family...(you can't ask someone else that doesn't know you to take 100 pictures while you wait for your kid to smile...so we had to go with this one :)
James when we first arrived...

The Hayride...
James and Daddy...

James and Mommy...
James sitting on a pumpkin all alone...
James after he ate while we were eating our fritters :)
It was a great day for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment