Sunday, May 26, 2013

A New Project and a Sick Recipe

Wednesday night at our house I was talking to Lane Rowe, basically one of my very favorite people :)  We were talking about how expensive porch furniture is, but how great some furniture would look on this one side of our deck that doesn't have anything there.  She mentioned that she had some old (I mean like 70 years old) rattan furniture in her barn and said she would sell it to me.  Long story short - I bought it.  Long story short - um, it's going to be HARD to get the paint off.  Imagine me, with a mask on, trying to use an electric sander out under the deck yesterday.  Yikes is right.  When that didn't work very well, I tried spraying it with some stuff we bought from Wal-Mart that makes the paint dry up, curl up, and easily peel off if you scrape it.  Well, it worked, but it was a CRAZY lot of work.  So then, you know what happened.  My project became a shared project.  It became Landon's project also.  Lane suggested I see how much an auto body shop would charge me to take some kind of blaster and blast the paint off.  I think this is a good idea, but I just wanted to do it myself!  I want to paint it black once I get it stripped, get some lime-ish cushions (with black accent pillows) for it and put a khaki outdoor rug under it with a black stripe around it.  I just hope my dream comes true. 
 

 
 Today at church for the first time in a long time, I did not have to be there until 9:45am.  Whoo-hoo!! It changed my whole outlook on the morning and just shows that people need a break sometimes.  I enjoy the stuff I do, but I loved that it was a little more relaxed getting ready.  James didn't put up a fight AT ALL about his clothes today, and he looked so cute in his little shirt (Wendy, I think this is a hand-me-down from Noah??) and new haircut.  About to be 3.  I cannot even take it!
 We had a picnic after church and had such a great turnout (for church and the picnic).  What a precious church family we have.  It was wonderful to spend time together eating and laughing and enjoying the gorgeous weather.  I am thankful, however, that it is over, because I have been smelling bbq cooking in the crockpot for about 5 days now, and I just cannot stand it anymore - makes me have weird dreams at night when we use the crockpot and I smell it throughout the house - gag me.
 And finally, don't make this.  I mean, you can make it if you want to, but I just have to tell you that it wasn't very good...but that could have been a chef problem, not a recipe problem.  I will stick with sausage egg casserole or that yummy recipe where you have crescent rolls and cream cheese from now on.
Looking forward to family time tomorrow for the holiday!

1 comment:

  1. Whatever Bethany, the casserole was good. And I think you are the cutest! So many times my projects have ended up being Jon's projects too. They just don't realize we r offering them another chance to show their love for us. And they should jump at that chance, right? :)

    ReplyDelete