Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful


Landon and I are NOT traveling for Thanksgiving this year! We are staying home, just like we did last year. I am SUPER EXCITED about waking up late tomorrow, staying in my pajamas, and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. We'll miss seeing our families, but things feel like they have been wild lately...and I'm ready for a couple days of rest....(and maybe a little shopping?). I'm thankful for a lot this Thanksgiving, and I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Bethany's Thankful List
1. I'm most thankful for the love I feel from the Father. I'm really thankful for how much He's shown me about Himself the last couple of years and how good and sovereign He really is. I'm thankful that I can trust Him - I didn't say it was easy to trust Him - but I think I almost finally believe I really can trust Him.
2. I'm thankful for Landon. I'm thankful for a husband who has done a job the last two years that has not been his favorite but has been necessary. I'm thankful for a man who is willing to do whatever it takes for our family.
3. I'm thankful for my parents and Krista. I've never felt such unconditional love from human beings as I do from them. I know they are for me...always.
4. I'm thankful for Landon's family. I'm thankful they love us and have continued to love us even through sorting out some tough stuff with them the last couple of years.
5. I'm thankful for our friends. Friends who we have leaned on harder than I could have thought possible in the last few years. Friends who didn't shy away when we needed them or when things looked ugly. True friends who stick around even when things get tough and sometimes uncomfortable.
6. I'm thankful for my job. Who knew RB&Co. would be such an awesome place? I had no idea. I'm thankful for my boss and co-workers. I'm thankful for being able to openly prayer together for each other at work.
7. Lastly, I'm thankful for a lot of exciting stuff that seems to be on the cusp of happening right now in our lives. Just reminds me how faithful God is....and that He has a plan.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Whether it will be a quiet day for you tomorrow or a day filled with lots of family (which is always a huge blessing - if we were home or at Granny's....we'd probably be surrounded by 20-30 people!), I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving!
Gobble, Gobble! One more thing - I just realized that this turkey I put on here in the picture says, "Eat Cheese". What in the world does that mean? I'm leaving it because I think it's a great picture...but very, very strange...

No comments:

Post a Comment