Friday, August 24, 2012

Fast Forward 3 months

Why in the world is it so hard to follow through? I really like blogging. I really like it because I feel like later I’ll be able to look back and what random days were like in our life and smile at the memories or cry at the memories...or whatever. I get on a blogging kick and do great for a while, and then life gets overwhelming and I just drop it for months. So, I’m going to attempt to get back on the blogging wagon. I think things went into the overwhelming overdrive after James had to have a little procedure, summer started, and we started traveling some – Southern Baptist Convention, home for a couple of weeks, James’ b’day, mine and Landon’s b’days, our anniversary, and so on and so on...more stuff I can’t remember. So, I’m throwing up some pictures of James’ b’day, some 2 year old pics Joy took of James and our family, and we’re picking it back up and moving right along.
James is growing like a weed. He has been quite challenging lately just trying to figure out how to discipline him – his will is STRONG. Serious business. Many toddler bed struggles have been happening in the last month or so, and it has been very interesting around here. Some waking up in the night (by James) yelling strange stuff...some throwing himself on the floor in many temper tantrums, still a little biting. AND, many good things.  Learning his ABC song (a little bit!), counting from 1 to 14, starting to sing (Scooby Doo Where are You and Jesus Loves Me), and talking up a storm! What a sweet blessing he is!
Landon has been working HARD this summer. I think he is in a season where he is really hearing God’s voice and direction very clearly. It’s fascinating to watch as he makes decisions and grows by leaps and bounds in the Lord. There have definitely been some challenges – no question about that – but I’m just saying that I’m thankful for him, thankful for his leadership, and thankful he is my pastor...and my husband.
I am still working part time for RB&Co. and still love my job. Because of the little bit of work that I’m doing, James will start preschool 2 mornings a week at the beginning of September. He will go to Bethlehem Christian Academy on Tues. and Thurs. mornings. I think this will be GREAT for him – to interact with other kids and get to do fun activities, and to give me a focused time to work and help my family financially – then maybe I won’t have to work quite so late at night sometimes.
 
Synopsis of pictures...
 
James 2nd B'day party...


 A few pics from our time with Joy...


 Such sweet shirts Grammie had made for James and GatorPa...
 And the girls and James eating breakfast on the beach.
 
Alright.  I'm going to pretend like I've caught up on every single thing the last 3 months.  Now, for my millionth try on the blogging wagon.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment