Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Major Boo-Boo

Whew, it hurts my heart just to post these pictures!  James got a major boo-boo last night.  We had a pretty long day...and that just ended it up YUCK.  We drove to Roswell yesterday morning so that I could go to lunch with my co-workers.  I brought James along.  As you can imagine, it was a challenge.  James was great - thanks to us bringing the ipad, but let me tell you, keeping a 2 year old in his seat for an hour and a half is quite challenging - and unfair to James - like asking him to do something impossible.  He was great though, under the circumstances, and I so enjoyed getting to visit (sort of) face to face with the awesome people I work with.  James and I drove back home after lunch, and James too a nap.  When he woke up we went outside.  We ate sandwiches and chips and peaches on a blanket on the deck outside and then headed outside to play.  We played and played!  We went for a walk with the wagon to the neighborhood across the street, raced a bunch of times (James is big into "on your mark, get set, go"), and played with toys.  We had been out almost two hours when we were playing on the driveway with a little tractor - James was letting him race down our sloped driveway and then running down, getting him and bringing him back up to us to roll him down again.  Well, you guessed it.  He fell.  HARD.  It's like time just stops when something like that happens.  He was face down at the bottom of the driveway, and it felt like slow motion as I was running down there to him.  Why did I let him play on the driveway???  I must've said a million times, "Slow down!  Be careful!  Remember you have to go slow!"  Yuck.  I just scooped him up and held him so tight in my arms - wasn't sure what his injuries were but I meant I was holding him!!  First I checked his teeth, and unbelievably, they all were there and not knocked out.  But, his face was pretty skinned up.  He cried and cried and then cried some more.  We came inside and wiped his face with a wet towel, got some ibuprofen, some sweet tea, and some chocolate candy and sat on the couch to watch Monsters Inc.  Bless his heart!! 

This is his worst injury to date.  I was thinking about how I just scooped him and my heart was breaking, and then I was thinking, "Is this how the Father feels about me when I get hurt?"  I know it is.  He is weeping with me, His heart is breaking when I am hurting.  I just have to be close enough to Him to realize it.  Thankful He is close to me and that He reminded me of this last night.
After that driveway crisis, we got James out of the tub and he started flailing around on the floor - yelling something at us, but we could not understand what.  Then, all of a sudden, he went tee-tee on the floor.  And then he started crying because he was upset about going to the bathroom on the floor.  OH MY HEAVENS.  I had held it together until then, but I just started crying.  It was so crappy!  I should have realized he was saying he had to go to the bathroom!!!!!  It was a rough end to the day for all of us.  But, it could have been worse.  We could have ended the day in the ER, so I'm thankful for that :)  Praying for a boo-boo free day!

No comments:

Post a Comment