Thursday, November 10, 2011

Deer, Dear Friends, & the Word of God

James' newest thing is deer.  Deer, deer, deer.  You know cows?  Nope, that's a deer.  You know sheep?  nope, that's a deer.  You know anything that's an animal?  That's a deer.  James loves deer. So, Landon taught him to put his hands on his head like the antlers.  At first, he was a little shy about this, but now...deer, deer, deer.  I think it may have started when Landon took him upstairs about a month ago and showed him Bucky.  Then, we upgraded our tv package for a few weeks so we could get some Gator games, and we had a hunting channel.  So, when James mentioned deer, Landon showed him this hunting channel.  Now, let's be clear, as a mom (or maybe just as "Bethany"), I think this is disgusting.  I'm not into the hunting scene - I'm not anti-hunting or anything, I'm just not a wild fan of my 1.5 year old baby watching the deer getting shot with the bow and arrow on tv.  That's all.  But...sometimes mom's don't get all of the say in these things :)  So, James and Landon would watch the deer  tv.  James had no clue that sometimes they were not alive still.  He just keeps yelling "Dee" Dee" over and over and over...and doing the antlers.  Well, we downgraded the tv package a few weeks ago and went back to our regular stuff.  So, no more deer channel.  James has asked about the deer so many times that finally, at Wal Mart the other night, Landon looked for a deer movie and found one.  It was $5 so we splurged and bought it.  We have not watched this yet, and it makes me nervous that it's called "In Your Face" so I may need to preview first - I cannot handle any blood or grossness, but we're hoping it's just like that hunting channel.  We shall see.  But, don't worry, James, "dee" are coming back to the tv soon!!!

 In other news, Isabelle came to spend the morning with us.  They were HILARIOUS.  They played together really well (most of the time) and screamed and ran around the house a million times.  I am counting on a good nap for James right now because of all that playing.  James isn't quite sure how to act around girls yet, so a few times he just jumped right on Isabelle like they were going to wrestle.  Ha.  I then had to keep saying, "gentle, gentle" like I tell him about pulling my hair, and so then he just acted like he was petting her like a dog.  Which is better than crazy attacking stuff. 
 They played lots in the tent.
 And here they are hugging...how sweet!
 Now, on the to the Word of God part of this post.  James loves Bibles.  It's just a fact.  I don't know why, but it's true.  He loves to yell "Bibe" Bibe" when he sees one of our Bibles sitting up on the counter.  The other day when we came home from somewhere, my Bible was on the baker's rack.  James started trying to get it, so I said, "Hang on, I'll read it to you."  Well, he walked off and got up on the couch.  I thought he was moving on to do something else, so I sat the Bible back up on the shelf.  He started FREAKING OUT.  Turns out, he was sitting on the couch and waiting for me to come over there with the Bible.  So, I brought it over and told him I was SORRY, I didn't realize he still wanted to look at it.  So, I've noticed that for about 3 days now, he's carried his two Bibles around with him almost everywhere.  One is a little devotion book and one is a kids' Bible, but I just call them both his Bibles.  Today he did not want Isabelle to touch them, but he carried them everywhere with him.  Praying, praying, praying that James loves God's word.  It says in Job, "I cherish the words of His mouth more than my necessary food."  Oh Father, that You would make that in a reality in James' life, and in mine, and in Landon's. 

Jesus loves the little children.  All the children of the world. 
 Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight.
 Jesus loves the little children of the world.

3 comments:

  1. I love how James is so excited about God's Word. I think he sees what is important to his mom and dad and he wants to be just like them!

    Karen Cone

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sweet! I just know that he will love Gods word because he has parents that are showing him the way! :)

    ReplyDelete