Monday, November 21, 2011

Pre-Thanksgiving

2 things right off the bat.
1.  I have a really bad headache again today.  It must be the weather :(  Thankful for Excedrin.
2.  The turkey shirt I ordered and had express shipped and paid $500 for (ha, not really) came today.  Thank goodness.  It is everything I thought it would be. Then I realized that James does not have a Christmas t shirt to wear shopping on Friday.  I had to let this go.  I could always buy him one on our first stop since clearly, they are still in stores.  Can't wait to show pics of James' turkey t shirt.

On to the randomness of life...
James has been riding his little toys more and more, but this one, especially, cracks me up.  It has a compartment inside to put stuff, and he think you are supposed to lift it up and put your legs in it to ride on it.  I've tried to explain the danger in this  - tipping over - etc. - but he loves to do it.  So, I needed to capture a couple of pictures of it.

Nanna and Grandaddy came this last weekend and hung out with us.  We had a really great time with them.  James loves to play with his Nanna and Grandaddy.  On Friday night, we had a big Thanksgiving dinner, thanks to Lan's mom, and it was delicious.  I wanted to take a picture of it, but I was too tired.  Landon used the smoker and smoked a turkey - it was delicious.  I took one picture.  Seriously?  I know.  But, here it is.  We had to try numerous times to get this one shot :)
Nanna bought James 3 new pairs of jammies and some new socks.  YAY!  Here are the first ones we've tried - they have deer on them, so you know he is a fan.
I FINALLY framed James' 1 year old picture and mat/matte (shoot, which one is it...can't remember).  I think it looks great.   It did cut off a lot of the edges, which I HATE, but it looks great in his room, and I hung it up myself.
We've got the Christmas decorations up, for the most part.  I wish I was a better photographer (and I have a nice camera, so it's a user issue), because our tree was on and so pretty this morning - but it just looks mediocre in this picture.  I got the angel last year with Momma at CB.
Here are our stockings. 
This a new addition to the Christmas decor.  My MIL gave it to me last year for Christmas, and I LOVE it.  It lights up (again, my picture taking not doing it justice), and all the glitter swims around in there.  In the mornings when we get up, James comes into the living room and points at the three things that light up - wanting me to turn them on.  The tree, the angel, and the light up thingie above the fireplace (shoot, can you tell have a headache since I can't remember what that's called???)
James got a new book this weekend from Nanna and Grandaddy.  It's about dogs.  He loves it!
And, this is his new favorite - Great Day for UP.  He says "Uh, Uh, Uh" over and over until you read it.  Cracks me up.

Preparing for a busy, busy week of family and turkey and shopping and fun and perhaps a little stress.  Oh, BTW, if you've seen Landon's flash drive, please return it to us :)  He cannot find it. It is gone.  Nowhere to be found.  We have searched many places.  Big reward if you find the flash drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment