Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Great Man, Mr. Hank Rowe

A sweet, dear man went to be with Jesus this past week.  Hank and Lane Rowe attend our church and over the past couple years have become more and more precious to us.  Hank has been sick for quite some time - although he has been able to have pretty great quality of life until here recently - but last Wednesday morning, Jesus took him to Heaven.  Now, although Landon had the opportunity to get to know Hank better than I did since he would visit Hank and Lane sometimes during the day while he was working, I got to know him a little bit :)  And, I sure did love him.  He is one of the warmest, just genuinely kind people I have ever met.  You know when you meet someone who just exudes sincerity, just general "fun-ness", and friendliness??  Well, that was Hank.  I remembered as I began to write this short blog about Hank and Lane that I had written a blog about them when went to dinner at their house quite a while back.  That blog is here:

http://frymires.blogspot.com/2011/09/fenomenal-family-friday-rowe-family.html

We were very thankful for the opportunity to meet Hank and Lane's children and extended family.  They were wonderful.  They had so, so many stories about Hank - his love for them, funny - crazy - funny stuff he had done over the years.  They were a blessing to be around.  Pray for Hank's wife, Lane, as she begins a new journey now.  Pray as she starts to find a new sense of what normal looks like, that the Father will envelope her with His love and comfort.  Pray that we will faithfully and deliberately show love to her - to be Jesus with skin on.  This is one precious family, and it is our privilege to know them!

For now we see indistinctly, as in a mirror,
but then face to face. 
Now I know in part,
but then I will know fully, 
as I am fully known.

1st Corinthians 13:12



1 comment:

  1. My husband and I knew Lane and Hank during the years they lived in Habersham County. Ralph taught with Lane for several years at Clarkesville Elementary and both of our children loved her during their years there as well. What I've read here is certainly an accurate description of the kind of people we always found them to be -- wonderful, warm, genuine folks. I remember being invited to their house and pool in Hollywood and as suggested, they were consummate hosts with a lovely home and a real knack for making one feel most comfortable. The family photos on their bedroom wall are still most memorable to me and spoke greatly of the kind of loving family they surely were. My own health problems prevented us from attending the funeral service here last week and I deeply regret not being able to pay our final respects to Hank. I so wanted to hug Lane's neck. Our children were likewise deeply saddened to learn of Hank's passing. I sincerely hope these words will find their way to Lane for she is someone we will never forget and always love. Sincerest condolences to their family -- Hank was truly a great guy and will surely be missed. May Lane be blessed as she continues on her journey and may Hank rest in peace. God bless this family. Always, Ralph, Deb, Cecilee (Billett) and Justin Allen

    ReplyDelete