Friday, September 9, 2011

Fenomenal Family Friday: the Rowe Family


This is a new feature I want to do on Fridays...we know so many great people - lots of them here at our church.  So many have been "Jesus with skin on" to us.  I could not be more thankful to be where we are right now.  So...I want to share about some of those families.  This week I want to share about Hank and Lane Rowe.  Landon has known Hank and Lane much better than I have until fairly recently.  When Hank was sick last year, Landon went by to visit them a few times and got to know them well.  I remember, even then, him coming home and telling me, "You have got to get to know them.  You will like them so much.  They are just real people."  I've seen them in church many times, and they are always kind to us.  BUT then, I started to have the opportunity to know them a little better.  Lane (who didn't go on our women's retreat last year and that was my first year going) was able to go this past April (I think it was April) on the trip.  She was hilarious!  She is a take charge kind of girl...and you know, thats my favorite kind of girl :)  I recall her asking someone if that was her coke on the table and what was she planning to do with it before she went upstairs - haha.  Clearly, she likes to run a tight ship.  But then, one of my favorite things about her thus far...on the morning of the royal wedding, she brought special china (like really special - but I don't know what to call it) and made English tea and crumpets for us....oh, and HATS!  Basically, I thought she was great.  Funny and authentic and just what you see is what you get.  And, I like that.  She and Hank invited our family over for dinner this past Tuesday evening.  We had a wonderful time - such a wonderful time that I didn't want to leave (even though I always want to leave and put James to bed) I stayed and stayed and stayed until finally Landon said, "Um...okay...we need to go."  And he's usually never the exit speaker :)  When we came in, Lane had special snacks just for James to eat, and special toys she had cloroxed that day just or James to play with.  Hank and Lane live in a farmouse that is fabulous - one of the most unique homes I've ever been in.  She has such a knack for decorating.  I loved touring their home.  And the outside...it was as beautiful as the inside.  Hank gardens and has flowers, and it was just gorgeous.  A place where you immediately feel at home, even though, technically, it's not your home.  We had pork loin, potato casserole, green beans, and a delicious cheesecake like pudding with strawberries for dessert.  Lane had a special plate, cup, and silverware for James to use.  They both are such fascinating people - I so enjoyed hearing them tell about their kids growing up, trials God brought them through, and many funny stories about various things.  I'm not exactly sure what Hank technically did in the travel industry...but I do know that man can plan some cruises for people...so I'm excited about him looking into that for us :)  Conclusion:  I love these people.  I'm so thankful to get to know them better, and I'm so thankful they are part of our Bethabra family. 

1 comment:

  1. They sound so interesting that I can't wait to meet them! Momma

    ReplyDelete