Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tasty Tuesday...a Day Late?

There are several things I have on my list to blog about, but I haven't had a chance to take a few pictures!  So...I'll just go with what I've got today.  I've been in a major funk the past couple of days.  Two nights ago we were in bed, and the wind was really blowing from that tropical system, and it shook our outside door from the bedroom, and I started crying - um, on edge a little, you think?  Weird.  Nothing crazy is going on here - just life as usual - yet, I've been really on edge.  Now, it is true that James is teething and getting his bottom molars and has been a little less than easy to live with this week.  But, nothing completely insane.  Might need to take a few moments of silence and rest in my Father, huh?  Wish I actually made that more of a priority most of the time and didn't wait until I'm at my wit's end.  ANYWAY, the week is looking up (not that it was ever looking down...just I was looking down).  Look at these sweet pictures I took of James on Sunday morning before church.   


We had dinner last night with Hank and Lane Rowe, a PRECIOUS couple we go to church with.  I love them, and I want to say more about it later in the week.  BUT today, I wanted to post this recipe for the best meatloaf we've ever had here.  We have this Paula Deen cookbook that I make carrot cake out of a lot.  When Jason and Jeanette were over a while back, they mentioned that they have the same cookbook and asked if we'd ever made the meatloaf.  We had not, so I tried it.  It was awesome.  Landon even thought it was awesome.  So, I wanted to share the recipe :) 

Basic Meat Loaf
Meat loaf ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1 1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
8 oz canned diced tomatoes, with juice
1/2 cup quick cooking oats

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Mix all meat loaf ingredients well and place in a baking dish.  Shape into a loaf.

Topping:
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp prepared mustard

Mix ingredients for topping and spread on loaf.  Bake for 1 hr. 

This was pretty great.  Can't wait to eat dinner at church tonight - man, those dinners are AWESOME.  And, can't wait to do our Intimate Encounters class tonight.  I am really, really praying that one couple, in particular, decides to come tonight.  If you think about it, please pray they will!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment