Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Van Buying Experience

Well, first of all, James downloaded an app to make Care Bears postcards - ha.  This cracks me up. 
So, we bought a van.  Every time I say this it reminds me of...We bought a Zoo...you know, that movie?  We had hoped the Murano (well, orange car, as James calls it) was going to make it one more year with us.  It would have been 10 next year, and I mean, we were hanging in with it.  We have loved that car and put some serious miles on it.  Anyway, we just spent a ton of money doing some work on it around Christmastime.  Then, a few weeks ago, we found out that more was wrong with it - like a couple of thousand dollars more...so, it was time to make a decision.  Thankfully, we had the flexibility to go ahead and make the decision.  Landon and I were stuck between the Honda Odyssey (my choice) and the Nissan Quest (Landon's choice).
 
For our first trips into the dealerships, we were alone, and I joked about why in the world there was a kid play room and why in the world parents would bring young children in while they were trying to make a decision like serious.  Well, I get why now.  We had asked Carolyn to help with James so many times while we looked, that we had to bring him with us finally!  It was getting ridiculous!!  So, we got our new free Netflix trial (we had canceled Netflix a few months ago and they wanted to get us back and gave us a free trial), and got ready for the Scooby Doo's.  James was FANTASTIC.  Oh my heavens.  Speaking of Scooby Doo's, could someone please just tell me what is the deal with the two different Scooby's that are on the cartoon network.  From what I gather, the one that I DVR for James, What's New Scooby Doo, is more like what I'm all about.  BUT, just so you know, there is another one called, Scooby Doo, Mystery Incorporated, and it is like a sort of "adult" Scooby Doo.  They have shady outfits on (revealing) and adult sort of conversations, and it is not cool.  Well, of course, that's the one Netflix has.  Not cool. That was an aside.
It was a very long day, but we finally decided on the Honda Odyssey.  It was what I wanted all along - loved all those safety features and rating - and Landon let me go ahead and get it.  He still wanted the Nissan, but we rock, paper, scissored for the final decision and that was it.
Here we are celebrating after leaving the dealership about 10pm. Sometimes you gotta do fun stuff.  James is pretty upset about orange car going away, even though he does like the van.  He keeps saying, "orange car was sick, but I will go back to that dealership and get it."  
 
So, the van is our newest member of the family and will hopefully be here to stay the next 10 years or so.  I am thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment