Friday, August 21, 2009

Baby Shower Ideas!


So...today is Show Us Your Life Friday...all about Baby Shower ideas! I have only helped with a few baby showers - and now that I'm thinking about it, I'm very disturbed by that. I feel like at this point, I should have helped with a million for friends, so why haven't I? I don't know, but I'll focus on this last baby shower my department at work hosted for our co-worker and friend, Mandy. Below is the invitation (uh, that was my job, but I can't even take credit for picking it out, because I let Mandy pick it out!). It is super cute though!

I thought this little table below was so cute with the napkins rolled up with ribbons, the little flowers on the table, and the invitation displayed.

This is the group of ladies who hosted the shower + the to-be momma. This is also my team at work (minus one).

I brought several different food items to the shower, and I'm not showing a picture of the table with all the food (we had breakfast foods because the shower was in the morning) because I never took a good picture of it where all the food was out and the table was pretty! I brought hashbrown casserole, chocolate chip banana muffins, cappuccino punch, and maybe something else, but I can't remember now. I did want to include this picture below of the drinks because I thought the punch bowl was so pretty and just have to tell you the punch was AWESOME! I think when we had the actual shower I may have shared the recipe, so I won't bore you with it again, but it was GREAT! I could drink it every day :)

And, finally, here's a picture of the petit fours - store bought, not homemade!

We played several games at the shower - finishing nursery rhymes was one and I can't remember the other game on paper we played. We played a game where you had to wear a pacifier around your neck and couldn't say the word baby. I'm not a lover of games, myself, so I'm pretty much hoping for no games if I ever have a shower - but I can go with it :)
Well, that's it for me today! I don't feel I've made a very useful contribution to today's subject, but I'm really excited about getting ideas from other people!! Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I dislike games as well! I can promise that when you have a kid, I will make sure that no games will be played!

    ReplyDelete