Monday, April 26, 2010

James Update

My dr. appt. last Monday went GREAT. James and I are both doing really well. I passed my gestational diabetes test, and the ultrasound was very good. It was amazing to see the heart chambers and how the blood was pumping in and out, etc. (insert a bunch of technical stuff I didn't understand but gathered was good). James weighs about 2 lbs 14 oz (as of last Monday). I asked my usual lots of paranoid questions, and as usual, Dr. Hirsch answered them. So...things look good! I'll be 30 weeks on Wednesday of this week. I am feeling REALLY TIRED again like I did in the beginning. Like I wish I could just sleep all the time. I can't eat very much at once anymore - and when I do, I really regret it because I feel like I'm going to explode - bluh, it is gross. My back hurts by the end or middle of the day. I'm feeling really anxious now because did you realize there is a baby inside me? He's coming out, and I'm his mom. Oh my word. I'm not sure if I can do this. I see other people being mothers, and I think they do a great job, and I know I want to be a mother, but uh, I'm just not sure if I can do it. Do I have the skills it takes? Landon and I have talked about how I think I will need some serious encouragement when James arrives. What I don't think I need is someone telling me what I'm doing wrong or what to do and what not to do - I just need encouragement that I'm doing well and I can do this thing! So...here are sweet James 29 week pictures. Remember how he wouldn't show us his face (except for one picture) in the 20 week ultrasound? Well, this time we got lots of face pictures! That's what's below...


2 comments:

  1. No pointyness. :) He looks like a handsome baby! I can't wait to meet him! Love you, Bethany! Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! After you give birth to James you will feel empowered to handle anything. Doesn't mean there won't be days, but you can handle what comes.

    ReplyDelete