Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday is Good

So far (and it's only 9:15am) this is a great day.  James (for the first time since Thursday of last week) has woken up and seems to be totally himself.  I called the nurse line yesterday and told them he was acting so unlike himself that either I needed some help to help him or they were going to have give me a tranquilizer or something.  The nurse replied that they do try to treat the entire family :)  So...I'm thinking she must have meant a tranquilizer for me was not out of the question.   I will keep this in mind for times of desperation.  The nurse thought that maybe since James didn't have a high fever anymore that perhaps that scarlettina rash was bothering him a lot - even though it doesn't look bad at all.  So...she told me I could give him some Benadryl.  Her exact words were..." but don't drug him out on in, okay?"  HA.  I gave it to him at nap and at bedtime last night.  It seemed to work great.  Although he didn't sleep any longer or any different than he usually does.  BUT, he seems in great spirits this morning.  I am thrilled - and very thankful.  I could have made it more days with him acting the way he was, but I have been spoiled by his good health, and I was so ready for him to get back to normal - for both of our sakes!


I usually try to post recipes on Tuesdays (uh, once in a while), but I made the greatest thing I got off Pinterest last night, and I want to share it.  While I was mixing it up, it was kind of making me gag a little (like you want to know this) - I don't know why because none of the ingredients were gross, but I was just unsure after that how it was going to taste.  I thought it was DELICIOUS.  So...here it is:

Chicken and Spinach Pasta Bake

8 oz uncooked rigatoni
1 c chopped onion
1 (10 oz) pack frozen spinach, thawed (okay, I just went ahead and cooked this in the microwave)
3 cups cubed chicken breasts (shoot, I thought this said 3 chicken breasts, cubed - that's what I used)
1 14 oz. can Italian style diced tomatoes, drained
1 8oz container Philadelphia Chive and Onion cream cheese
1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella (I used 2 cups because by the time I dump in all the other, I'm like what the heck, just go ahead)

Prepare rigatoni according to directions.  Spread oil on bottom of 11x17 inch baking dish; add onion in single layer.  Bake @ 375 for 15 minutes.  Transfer onion to large bowl and set aside.
okay - look - i don't know what this onion business is about.  i am not a great cook - i tried to do this, but my whole onion turned brown and started burning all gross...so i put some of it in and the rest of it in the TRASH.  i don't think the onion part is crucial...just fyi... :)
Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between paper towels.  Stir in rigatoni, spinach, chicken, and next 4 ingredients into onion in bowl.  Bake covered @ 375 for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake 15 more minutes. 

This was GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!!!!!!

Alright...I have more to say, but I can't because I've got to go in and see about James who keeps yelling - Gomana - which means banana.  I've told him three times we don't have any bananas, but he keeps acting like I'm holding out on him.  

I am eating lunch with two of my favorite girl friends in the whole world.  We probably won't get to visit much since James will be with us - BUT, at least I'll get to see their faces.  Isn't it wonderful to have FRIENDS?????? God has blessed me with some good ones.  

Hmmm.....oh yeah, please pray for Landon.  He seems overwhelmed this week with lots of work to do.  He's okay, but just seems a little down.  I love this man, and I want to help him!!! Pray I'll be a good helpmate. 

Gotta go....GOMANA is still yelling out for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment