Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Front Desk & Mummy Hot Dogs

Well, like I haven't already said this a bazillion times, I sure do love my job.  I am so grateful for the doors that God has continued to open for me - and leave open for me - to continue in different capacities with my company.  Last week, Donna (who happens to be Ms. Iris Andrews' granddaughter - how crazy is that???? We made that connection when she first came to RB&Co. a long time ago :)...anyway, Donna emailed me and asked me if I might like to fill in at the front desk for her for a couple of days.  After thinking about it, and knowing the extra money would really help us, I figured out what I'd do with James and said that, sure, I'd love to help.  So, I awakened before the crack of dawn on Monday and Tuesday morning and drove in to work - just like the old days.  Well, except I wasn't doing the same work that I used to do when I was full time, and I have a baby now, and I didn't sit at the same desk.  So, just sort of like the old days.  Oh, I love my co-workers.  They were so kind to me.  I enjoyed catching up with them, hearing what they'd been up to, serving them and helping out, and getting some of my own stuff done - like notes to all my Bible study ladies, etc.  I missed James, and it's not something I would like to do routinely week after week, because the commute is just too long, and I feel like I am called to be here, but once in a while, I would LOVE to help out!  On Tuesday, Malissa and Bonnie let me go to lunch with their new little lunch bunch.  This is the panoramic picture Kaleb took of all of us at lunch (well, minus himself since he took the picture).  My friends were right - the new lunch bunch was hilarious.  It was a lot of fun being with them.  I even found a new brother!  HA.  I'm supposed to go back and work on Election Day, so I'm really looking forward to that. 

Tonight I am cooking these mummy hot dogs - aren't they funny?  I'm hoping for us to carve our pumpkin with James.  Tomorrow we are going to buy some plants for our yard - YAY!!!!  I can't wait!  I am so excited about planting some pansies and have already bought the tulip bulbs from Costco. 

No comments:

Post a Comment