Thursday, February 18, 2010

JOY Valentine Banquet

Okay, ya'll, I'm having to go way back to last week to update. Hold on and get ready. I have a lot to say. First, I want to tell you about the JOY Valentine Banquet we went to last Tuesday evening. Bethabra has a senior adult group called the JOY group (I think this is the same thing Woodlawn...or maybe FBC Crestview called their senior adults). Anyway, I like it. So, they invited us to come to this banquet. Anywhere there is chatting and FOOD, I am there. Even though we've tried not to go to a ton of stuff at night since we had not moved over yet, we really wanted to attend this banquet, and it was so much fun! Ms. Carolyn headed up the effort, and like usual, it was amazing. If I can get some pictures from it, I'll post them so you can see. We had about 40 people there, and this was what was at each place when we sat down:
Is this cute or what? Anyway, the dinner was AMAZING. I had actually wondered how good it would be since I didn't think we had any kind of professional keeping stuff hot equipment at Bethabra. Well, it was so good. First, we had salad. Well, the first thing I did was use (and then pass around) the cheese and bacon bits for our salads. Then, after maybe the third person put it on their salad...I realized that I was not actually supposed to have used that for salad - I was supposed to have saved it for the baked potatoes...but I was so excited. I love food, and I especially love cheese, and it was right in front of me. No worries though, Ms. Carolyn just brought us some more cheese and bacon for our baked potatoes. We had grilled chicken, green beans from the garden, and baked potatoes. It was delicious! Then, we just had a couple join us the Sunday before - the Reads, Alan and Debi. They are fantastic musicians (both of them!) and Alan sang and played the piano some and Debi joined him for a few songs. They were awesome! I did accidentally dump some of the green beans on my plate in my purse while I was cutting up my chicken...I thought I had gotten them all until we were at Costco on the way home and I was trying to get out the AMEX to use and found still more green beans all mushed up against my wallet and some receipts. Oh well, snacks for later. It was a very fun night. I also heard some of the people talking about a trip they are taking. Now, let me tell you something. I love guided tours. And, guess what? Usually, on senior adult trips, they take guided tours. I am in. Maybe, finally, now that Landon is the pastor somewhere we could take some of the senior adult trips and get to take the guided tours everywhere. No one has invited us yet on any of overnight trips....but don't worry, I'm waiting patiently....I know a guided tour is in my near future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment