So...I've been MIA for a long time in the blog world. I normally don't like to do things unless I do them ALL THE WAY, and it makes me mad how wishy washy I've been on this blog. I really want to talk about unimportant things all the time just like I used to...but somehow...it's just not so much of a priority anymore. Then, I joined FB, and that totally took the blog down the drain. I so, so, so want to be a blogger again...sort of. Sort of not. So, maybe I'll try tonight. Maybe I won't tomorrow.
Please no expectations.
So...one of the things I've struggled with most after becoming a SAHM is cooking. I feel weak in this area because Landon's family cooks GREAT - which I really enjoy when we go home and eat their food, but sometimes I feel a little "less than" when I'm attempting to fry okra or cook some chicken and dumplins....etc. One of the recipes Landon used to talk about when we first married was a recipe his sister used to make called Pizza Hotdish. I remember making it, and it just wasn't that great. I don't know why. So...years later (um, I mean now), in an attempt to be sweet Betty Crocker waiting at home with a ribbon in my hair, a pearl necklace and apron on when my husband arrives....I decided to re-look up a new recipe for this old favorite of Landon's and attempt it. Well...who knew? It was pretty dad-gum good. Most people do a Tasty Tuesday on their blog. Um, this is like Tasty Monday, I guess, but really is like Tasty last Thursday because that's when I made it. I just wanted to share it while I'm blogging about unimportant things TODAY. Who knows about tomorrow....here's the recipe:
1 lb lean hamburger
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped (dude, I don't even know what this is, so I just put some garlic powder - ha)
25 oz spaghetti sauce
8 oz tomato sauce (again...right...I just combined 25 and 8 and put in one big jar of Prego)
1/2 cup water
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp oregano
salt & pepper
1 16oz package egg noodles
1 12oz can cheddar cheese soup
1 16oz package pepperoni (uh, I only used 8 oz and it was plenty...)
1 8 oz package mozzarella cheese
1 8 oz package cheddar cheese
1. Prepare egg noodles as directed on package. Drain.
2. Add cheddar cheese soup to egg noodles and mix.
3. Meanwhile, brown hamburger with onion and garlic. Drain grease.
4. Add spaghetti sauce, water, garlic salt, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and oregano.
5. Simmer about 5 minutes.
6. While heat is still on, add in half the package of pepperoni one at a time to make sure the pepperoni doesn't stick to each other. Pepperoni will become limp, and this will let you know it's ready.
7. Great a 9x13 pan.
8. Add meat mixture to noodle mixture and stir in 1/2 of the mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
9. Place meat and noodles in greased pan.
10. Cover top of casserole with remaining pepperoni like you top a pizza.
11. Sprinkle the rest of remaining cheese on top.
12. Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly and cheese melt and is starting to brown slightly.
Ya'll, this was Goooood. Even Landon said so. Even James ate it and ate it in fistfuls :)
Oh, and even though I'm writing about something unimportant, I need to include a James Update.
James Update: James fell on the front steps today. Poor baby. If his mommy had been more attentive instead of trying to pull a dumb weed out of the flower bed. He fell on the side of his face. I was afraid when I picked him up off the sidewalk that there would be blood everywhere. Thank the Lord (literally, I'm thanking the Lord), there wasn't. There was some blood where it scraped his nose and part of his upper lip. His face is a little red on that side, and it skinned a little bit of his hand...I know I was really lucky. I was lucky he didn't knock out a tooth. We have tricky front steps, and I should have been watching him better. Bad mommy award for today :( I'll try better tomorrow!