Thursday, September 24, 2009

B's Favorite Ice Cream Desserts

That last post got me thinking about what my very favorite ice cream desserts are. I've been thinking about it, and I want to share my top 5....

VERY FAVORITE ICE CREAM DESSERTS
(in random order...except the first one...that one really is my very favorite)

1. Magnum Ice Cream Bars - oh my word, these are my all time favorite...ever, ever, ever. I experienced the heavenliness of these bars on our trip to Israel two and a half years ago. My favorite flavor was this flavor shown in the picture - white chocolate outside and vanilla inside. I probably ate at least one of these every single day of the trip. It's just really rich and crazy good. I don't know why they don't sell these ANYWHERE IN THE USA. But, it's a travesty. I've heard the closest to it are Dove bars, but I haven't tried those yet - mainly because I've never seen a Dove white chocolate with vanilla bar. Like I said above, although these are not in order of most favorite to least favorite...this one is definitely #1.
2. Ice Cream Delight - I love some ice cream delight. This is a recipe momma got and started making for us. It is AWESOME. The best part (which you can't even see in the picture, so it's really not an accurate ice cream delight) is the homemade chocolatey caramel sauce that goes on top of the ice cream. Whew! It is delicious! One time I made this for our work birthday celebration - enough to feed 50 people! It was crazy because it was so much work, but the people loved it.
3. Costco Ice Cream Bars - the first time I had one of these...I thought, "There is no way this is actually going to work." They hand dip this huge vanilla ice cream bar in a big crockpot looking thing of chocolate and then stick it in a big wax paper envelope for you to take. I thought there was no way that thing was going to dry and harden! But...I was wrong, oh, was I wrong. It was delicious. The chocolate is thick and quality. And, it does not melt (well, unless you take forever eating it). I heard someone say the other day that he couldn't imagine someone eating one of those by themselves. Uh, are you kidding me? I can easily take care of one of these. As you know, I love Costco, so this is a class favorite.

4. Coldstone Creamery - Okay, here's what I get at Coldstone. I get sweet cream ice cream, in a bowl, with brownie and caramel. This was the closest picture I could find to it. I used to eat waffle bowls in college when we'd go to the new Coldstone by the Disney World movie theater, but I don't like the waffle bowls as much anymore and usually just get a "Like It" size in a bowl. If Magnum bars are my #1, this is probably my #2. I could eat this every single day of my life. Seriously. And, I could also be so big I couldn't fit through a doorway. I'll choose to be able to fit through the doorway...I guess.



5. Chick-fil-A Milkshakes - Let me just be bold now to say that if you don't like Chick-fil-A, you are a communist. I LOVE CHICK-FIL-A. And, they make the best milkshakes of any place I've ever been - which is odd since they do not specialize in ice cream. I'm telling you though, the cookies and cream is my favorite, and it is awesome. I also love that they have created a size small, and I really like that. It's just enough, lower priced, and not as many calories! This is always a good choice - especially if you are on the road driving and cannot use a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment