Friday, September 18, 2009

Go To Dinner Recipes

Alright...so...today I'm sharing Go To Dinner Recipes! The three I want to share are not necessarily "go to's" for me, but they are recipes I really, really love and wanted to share! First, is:

Chicken Stuffed with Broccoli, Cream Cheese, and Cheddar
I found out about this recipe from a good friend who actually cooked it for Landon and me when we came to their house for dinner one night. The recipe's a little hodge podge because Joy just told me what she did...and I tried to follow. It turned out great! This is not actually my picture, above, so...I think it looks a little gross up there - but it is really good!!!! I promise! Here's what to do:
1 package of chicken cutlets
2/3 cup (maybe) of shredded cheddar (sharp is my favorite)
half a block of cream cheese a cup of steamed broccoli (maybe - I just did enough to cover the bottom of the steamer)
2 eggs, beaten Italian bread crumbs
Parmesan cheese
First, I beat the chicken cutlets so they'd be even thinner. Then, I mixed together the shredded cheddar, cream cheese, and steamed broccoli. I spread this on the chicken and rolled it up. Rather than using the long cutlet, I cut it in half so that basically I was making a much smaller roll. Then, I stuck a toothpick through it. After getting all the rolls ready, I dipped them in egg, and then in a mixture of the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. I baked them at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, pulled them out and checked them, and then stuck them back in for 3 more minutes. I LOVED THESE!!!

Swiss Chicken
My friend, Mariana, at work gave me this recipe, and I don't think it's one of Landon's favorites (but that's because I cook the chicken too long because I'm afraid it's not done...but I won't be doing that anymore because I got a thermometer that tells you when it's at 170 degrees!). I love to make this, and I love to eat it for leftovers...it's really easy too...and I like to have rice with it. Here's the recipe:
INGREDIENTS
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
6 slices Swiss cheese
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup milk
1 (8 ounce) package dry bread stuffing mix
1/2 cup melted butter
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.Arrange chicken breasts in the baking dish. Place one slice of Swiss cheese on top of each chicken breast. Combine cream of chicken soup and milk in a medium bowl, and pour over chicken breasts. Sprinkle with stuffing mix. Pour melted butter over top, and cover with foil.Bake 50 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

Smack Yo Momma Mac & Cheese

And, here's my last one! This takes a little while, but to me, it's so worth it. This recipe for macaroni and cheese won a Good Morning America award for being one of the 5 best mac and cheese recipes!! I've made it a few times...it is AWESOME!
Ingredients
2 cups of shredded mild cheddar
2 cups of shredded Colby jack blend
1 cup of medium cheddar
2 cups of shredded Velveeta or small box (uh, did you know you can buy Velveeta shredded?? I didn't and it was crazy hard to shred)
1 box of elbow macaroni or noodle of choice
4 eggs
3 cups of whole milk
1 cup of heavy cream
1/2 a stick of butter
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Preheat oven to 350°F, spray a 13 x 9 pan at least 3 to 4 inches deep with non stick spray.Boil noodles as per directions on box until just undercooked. Quick rinse, shake, drain and put to the side.Mix eggs, milk, cream and salt and pepper, whisk until well blended. Pour 1/2 of milk mixture in bottom of the pan. Add a layer of noodles, then add salt and pepper. Take shredded cheese and combine in a bowl, give a quick toss. Top noodles with cheese, mix cheese up a little with noodles and repeat layers. If using box Velveeta, slice pieces over shredded mixture. (Don't forget salt and pepper on each layer.)When you get to top, the last of cheese heavy on top. Take the rest of milk mixture and pour the remaining over the noodles and cheese. Poke holes so milk mixture can get all the way through. Melt butter and pour over mixture. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.Cover tightly with foil. Bake in oven for 45 minutes. Remove foil and cook 5-10 minutes more until golden. Let stand for at least 10-15 minutes before serving.
I HOPE YOU ENJOY THESE RECIPES AS MUCH AS I HAVE!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great recipes....I do not cook much but my daughter is a GREAT cook.....Had a free night to blog hop. Hope you will stop by new Christmas blog ...There is a great giveaway that I will draw for on Oct 1st and all you need to do to enter is comment. http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete