Tuesday, October 18, 2011
4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
6 oz egg noodles
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup buttery round crackers (I used 2 cups...)
1/2 cup butter, melted to pour over crackers
1. Boil or bake chicken and cut into small pieces.
2. Boil egg noodles (they said to boil it in the water you boiled the chicken in - that would have been good, but I needed to bake the chicken and boil the egg noodles at the same time, so that just didn't work for me).
3. Mix mushroom soup, chicken soup, sour cream, boiled egg noodles, cut up chicken, salt and pepper to taste in a mixing bowl. Place in 2 quart baking dish.
4. Mash up crackers and mix with melted butter to put on top.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until heated through and brown on top.
Now, I do have to tell you that Landon does not love this meal. He likes it okay, but he's a big FLAVOR person. He wants stuff to have some "heat" or some "spice" or some excitement having a party in his mouth. I like that kind of stuff okay, but I must be a real true southerner because I love some casseroles. This is like a comfort food casserole to me. We had it with creamed corn and sister Schubert yeast rolls :) Yum. And, I had a great time with my lady friends whose husbands were busy that night. I was tired.
This morning I had a Sr. Adult planning meeting - I love being on the Sr. Adult ministry team at church - ha. Those are some of my favorite activities, and I am super excited about the events coming up....Lake Lanier is coming soon!!!!! We're having our family pictures made this week, our hair cut (me and Lan), and our other regular stuff going on. Also, a couple that is close to us is really hurting - please pray for them.
I am blessed :)