Thursday, September 6, 2012

James: Mercy Triumphs

 
 
Beth Moore is awesome.  I mean, she is just plain and simple awesome.  At church last night we began doing her newest study on the book of James.  I am excited.  The last couple of years for us have been very busy.  Coming to a new church, having a baby, switching from working a full time job to being a full time mommy/pastor's wife/part time worker for RB&Co...just a lot of changes.  Great changes, but different things happening.  I know that my relationship with the Father has been put on the back burner a lot - when actually it has been a time that I have desperately needed it the most and chosen to feel alone when I didn't have to make that choice.  I have done several Beth Moore studies in the past.  I said this last night in our study, but I believe one of the things that makes a Bible Study so great is where you are, just personally, at the time you do the study.  Is life going great?  Is life a nightmare?  Are you desperate for a word from Him?  Or do you even care?  Are you just coming because you usually come to church that particular time of the week already or are you coming, focused, ready, begging Him to pour into your life?  I remember after Hurricane Katrina when we moved back home for that fall semester of 2005, I did a Beth Moore study with the Woodlawn ladies.  It was called The Patriarch's.  That study was incredible - best Bible Study I have ever done, in my life, hands down.  I think it was a great study, but you know what I really think?  I was desperate.  I needed a word.  I needed some answers.  I needed to know where He was.  And you know what?  I found Him. 

This semester we'll be doing James: Mercy Triumphs.  I am facilitating the study and am just thrilled at the turnout we had last night.  I am praying for these ladies diligently, and I can't wait to see what God does in us.  I am ill-equipped to lead this, and I have no clue what I'm doing.  I love the Lord, and I love these ladies, and I want to see God do a great work among us.  I am praying He will change me the most.  Not sure what God and Beth are going to do as we dive in, but I am excited to see and looking forward to it with great anticipation - even though I think it will probably be hard.  Hard to make time, hard to focus, hard to be disciplined, hard to maybe share personal things in front of other ladies.  If you are a Bethabra lady and not signed up for this study, don't miss out!!  We had the intro last night, and you did miss my cappuccino punch, but you didn't miss the first session!  Session 1 is next Wednesday night, September 12.  We would love to have you - we have several new folks - which is extremely exciting.  Praying, praying, praying for great miracles to happen.  He is the only one who can accomplish it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment