Friday, October 16, 2009

It's Finally Friday

Ya'll, I have got a post in my mind that I SO WANT TO DO! But, I just haven't had time to take pictures that I need to post it...and I've already got some other pictures I want to post but I haven't had time to get them off the camera and onto the computer. I have some random things for today. First of all, you know how I read Kelly's Korner blog? Well, somehow I came across this blog:
I have no idea, really, who this girl is, but she is one of the funniest people and one of the best writers I have ever seen. She is really, really talented. She has a page of quotes on her blog, and I love this one:

"I cannot find in either scripture or history, a strong willed individual whom God used greatly until He allowed them to be hurt deeply." - Charles Swindoll

That is serious stuff. And I love it.
The other quote on there I love is this one:

"A woman becomes beautiful when she knows she's loved...cut off from love, rejected, no one pursuing her, something in a woman wilts like a flower no one waters anymore. But this same woman, who everyone thought was rather plain and unengaging, becomes lovely and inviting when she is pursued." - Stasi Eldridge

That one makes me "wow" too. Isn't it amazing what I could let the Father's love do for me if I'll allow it? Not love from my husband or dad or any man, although that love is wonderful and really reassuring, but just the comfort and confidence I should choose to have knowing the Father is constantly pursuing me, that He created me beautiful - exactly as He wants me - that's really hard for me to swallow - and believe, but wow....if I just would trust in it, my life would be spent with a lot less worry of how I look and what people think about me. He's so good it gives me a shiver. This quote is from the book Captivating, which I haven't read, but had already planned to ask for this Christmas. Have you started making a Christmas list yet?

We had Eric and Kelli over last night for a breakfast dinner. I took some pictures of Landon and Eric cooking in the kitchen - and they are great - but I forgot to upload them last night! We played Phase 10 until about 10 (ha) last night. At first I wasn't doing well, and Landon told them to watch out, that really I was a hustler at that game. RIGHT...Oh, and Landon and Eric moved some furniture in and around for us. We thought of some new nicknames for all of us - do you think I look like a "Scratch"? Do you think the nickname "Nickel" is weird? I promise to post pictures of our dinner last night when I get a chance.

Also, I've been working on a project for our church's Love Loud weekend. It's those blankets - you know, the ones that are like a fleecy material and then you tie knots in them all the way around? I've done the first one, so we have one more to do. I took some pictures of that project and need to post them, as well.

Tomorrow is the game. I think 3:30pm will be a good game time for us to travel down there and get back. We'll get back pretty crazy late, but not as crazy as we've done before - and, we won't have to leave at 4am like we did last time.

Finally...Krista's shower is next weekend...check out the invitation:


The church ladies sent postcards for the shower invitation. I thought this was a very smart idea. Save on postage. Isn't she beautiful??? She and Matt are getting married December 19 this year. I'm so excited! Krista and I look somewhat alike - more and more it seems as we get older - and I love it when people ask if we're twins. That really makes me happy since we are 6 years apart :) Krista has always had better hair than me. Hers is more like a Pantene commercial - and mine is more like Barbie doll hair or straw. Anyway, the sparklebaby will be getting married in December...I'm sure I'll have much more to say about all of that as the occasion draws closer.

OOh, I want to ask one more thing. Who takes their comforter to the dry cleaner? I will make a confession now, but please don't judge me. We got a new comforter when we moved to Woodstock (we basically got a new "everything" because of Katrina). I have not washed that comforter in the entire time we've lived here (almost 4 years). I've thought about it lots of times, but I always felt overwhelmed by what in the world I was supposed to do with it. I didn't think it'd fit in the washer or it would mess it up...or what if I washed - should I put it in the dryer? So...after the whole dustmite presentation on our big bed a few weeks ago, I decided enough was enough. I took the dust ruffle off the bed myself (note: not a good idea to pull that off by yourself if you have a really heavy king size mattress) and the comforter and took them to the dry cleaner. Mind you, I took the comforter to the cleaners this week when it's the coldest at night it's been so far this fall, and Landon will not allow us to turn the heat on yet. It was 67 upstairs when I came home...but it was 68 this morning, so although I slept in full serious warm clothes and didn't take them off in the middle of the night, I wasn't freezing. Back to the comforter. I took it to the cleaners. The lady (who always asks me in a Chinese (because she is Chinese) where my baby is...."Where's your baby today?", and I always nervously laugh and say, "I don't have a baby, remember? Just me!" ) first told me I could not get the 10 percent off on my comforter because it wasn't clothes. Then, she told me it would be 5 days before I got it back. Oh, how I hope I really get it back....and it's really mine...and nobody did anything gross with it. I'm picking my old friend up today! I love this comforter. Although I have sort of just started wanting one of those down comforters, I really am not sure yet, and I really love this one. It's Croscill, and it was expensive, so I'm thinking we'll keep it a few more years. Hey, if we only keep it a few more years, I'll never have to clean it again and then can just get a new one :) Here's a picture of what it looks like:
I think I've been random enough for now. Since you're probably about to have a seizure from your head spinning from so many random subjects, I will sign off for now, my peeps.

3 comments:

  1. People only think we are twins b/c they are not looking at our feet-i.e.Old feet and young feet!! LOL-just kidding! Can't wait to see you and Landon this weekend and I am so excited about watching The Magical World of Barbie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm glad you found me. :) Thanks for the sweet comments about my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My two cents about the comforter situation... we have a down comforter with a duvet. The good thing about that is the duvet comes off and fits in your washer! Even so, I only wash ours once or twice a year. Plus, you can redecorate more cheaply if you decide to change the look of your bedding by just replacing the duvet and keep using the down comforter. Are you sold yet? :) By the way, some people (mostly Europeans, I think) don't use top sheets if they have a duvet cover and wash it more frequently (like sheets). Anyone who is thinking that is how we use ours, it is not! Don't be grossed out. :) We use sheets a bedspread AND the duvet.

    ReplyDelete