Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Perfect Place to Relax...NOT

So, last night Landon is in the kitchen making some cornbread for our dinner. We were eating leftover chili for the last time, and he wanted to have cornbread with it. A lot of times, if he cooks us something (L probably cooks half the time), I'll sit on the floor below the clock with a pillow from the couch and lean up against the wall and talk to him while he cooks. Sad that there are 8 chairs right next to where I'm sitting on the floor...yet I choose to sit or lie there in the floor to chat. (I should have made the circles bigger with our names on them showing where we sit...too late now)

So, Landon puts the cornbread in the oven for 25 minutes. Then he says, "Do you want to go in the living room and watch one of our shows while we wait for this to cook?" I say, "We can, but I kind of like us being in here so we can just talk." As if you walk in the living room the television handcuffs you to the chair and turns itself on in your face against your will. So, Landon just slides down the cabinet and sits here on the rug in front of the sink.
We just chat away like this for a while - probably for about 15 minutes or so, and then I realize. We have a decent home. We have many chairs to choose from...yet, we are both sitting on the floor in the kitchen like we have nowhere else to go. Isn't that weird? I really enjoyed us getting to talk though - sometimes the tv is a big temptation to turn on. We've learned about managing our time and being disciplined to have quality time, but still...it's hard sometimes. I really enjoyed our kitchen chat last night. Maybe we should get some bean bags to sit on? I definitely think in our next house we need to try to have room for a love seat or oversize chair in there, for sure. You would think the kitchen is just for cooking, but for the Frymires...it's for chatting, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment