Monday, March 16, 2009

FAKE VACATION...


I am starting to think most of my posts may portray me as a brat...I'm hoping not because I don't really think I'm a brat, I just sometimes have strong opinions about things. I wanted to tell you about a couple days off I am taking at the end of the week. Things have been kind of weird for me lately, mentally - I mean, I'm not in a breakdown mode or anything, but I've just been feeling weird. I've been worried about the economy and my job and I've also been hopeful that Landon will have a door open up regarding a church and we might be able to make a move (not a physical move, but a move to full time ministry in a church). The ministry thing is kind of like hurry up and wait, but yet both of our minds are really there - I feel a change is coming, and I feel ready for it....so...I think I've been kind of off at work lately. So...last Thursday, my boss, Patty, comes in and I start going on and on about how something I'm working on won't work right, blah, blah, blah. So, a little while later, I have a meeting with her. She says, "You have been a little intense lately, is everything alright?" Well, it's funny that she uses the word "intense" because that's exactly how I've heard my dad describe how I am sometimes. So, I bust out with, "I JUST NEED TO TAKE SOME TIME OFF!" Okay, sometimes I act crazy :) What in the world. So then I said, "I mean, it's not like I'm working til 8pm every night, but I'd like to take a couple of days off." I always want to save my time up in case I need it or for real vacations, but you know, sometimes I might just need a couple days to stay in my pajamas and watch Regis and Kelli (is it with an "i"??). So...she says, "Yes, you should definitely take off then. Whatever you want to take, feel free to take some time." She is a really good boss - definitely cares about her people. Thus, I am taking off this Thursday and Friday. I feel guilty about it since Landon's not off, and I don't really have anything to do, but I'm really looking forward to it. And, I'm sure I'll find some stuff to do :) So....Thursday and Friday are a vacation for me - not a real vacation, but a fake one! We have a real vacation coming up in May (going to St. Augustine!!) so hopefully this couple of days will help me make it...and help my mental stability :)

No comments:

Post a Comment